- ITIC has predicted that the lack of an adequate supply of cars on the rental fleet this year could lead to a serious loss of business, particularly in the peak season.
- It has called on the Government to address the issue in the Finance Act by introducing three remedial self-financing measures:
- Postponing the proposed elimination of the Vehicle Registration Tax (VRT) refund.
- Introduction of a stimulus package.
- Extension of the scrappage scheme to 2010 registered cars coming off this year's fleet.
- CLICK HERE to download a copy of the Press Release. Or for a detailed report, Car Rental Shortage & Tourism, CLICK HERE.
- If you would like to comment on anything you've heard here, VISIT OUR BLOG!
March 9th 2010
ITIC Blog - Have Your Say!
|Dromoland Celebrating 50 Years|
|Dromoland Castle opened its doors to the travelling public in 1963, and has welcomed many famous global dignitaries since. ITIC recently spoke with Dromoland’s Managing Director, Mark Nolan, abo...|
|Brighter Prospects from Canada|
|Ireland welcomes almost 120,000 Canadians annually. Not significant, but a figure that may be about to take off, literally. ITIC recently spoke with the newly appointed Head of North America for Tou...|
|Solid performance from Australia|
|Long haul markets are forming an increasingly important part of Ireland’s overseas visitor numbers. Australia and New Zealand provided over 130,000 visitors last year. To look at this and cons...|
| - 09-May-2013|
|That is good news from Australia.
Other long-haul markets, such as the US, Canada, the Middle East, China and Brazil etc. are also beginning to "compete" with some of Ireland's stagnant source market...|
To unsubscribe from the ITIC newsletter, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with "Unsubcribe From Ezine List" as the subject.