- ITIC has predicted that the lack of an adequate supply of cars on the rental fleet this year could lead to a serious loss of business, particularly in the peak season.
- It has called on the Government to address the issue in the Finance Act by introducing three remedial self-financing measures:
- Postponing the proposed elimination of the Vehicle Registration Tax (VRT) refund.
- Introduction of a stimulus package.
- Extension of the scrappage scheme to 2010 registered cars coming off this year's fleet.
- CLICK HERE to download a copy of the Press Release. Or for a detailed report, Car Rental Shortage & Tourism, CLICK HERE.
- If you would like to comment on anything you've heard here, VISIT OUR BLOG!
March 9th 2010
ITIC Blog - Have Your Say!
|Year-End Review 2014 & Outlook 2015|
|CLICK HERE to read the full Year End Review 2014 and Outlook for 2015. CLICK HERE to download this Press Release. Overseas tourists spent just over Eur3.5 billion in Ireland in 2014, a 9% increase, or...|
|Fáilte Ireland dial up Destination Brands|
|As the tourism industry recovers strongly and cautious confidence emerges about the prospect of continued growth, we look at issues surrounding the supply side of the business. ITIC spoke with Paul Ke...|
To unsubscribe from the ITIC newsletter, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with "Unsubcribe From Ezine List" as the subject.