- ITIC has predicted that the lack of an adequate supply of cars on the rental fleet this year could lead to a serious loss of business, particularly in the peak season.
- It has called on the Government to address the issue in the Finance Act by introducing three remedial self-financing measures:
- Postponing the proposed elimination of the Vehicle Registration Tax (VRT) refund.
- Introduction of a stimulus package.
- Extension of the scrappage scheme to 2010 registered cars coming off this year's fleet.
- CLICK HERE to download a copy of the Press Release. Or for a detailed report, Car Rental Shortage & Tourism, CLICK HERE.
- If you would like to comment on anything you've heard here, VISIT OUR BLOG!
March 9th 2010
ITIC Blog - Have Your Say!
|Cliffs of Moher crack the million mark|
|2014 will mark the fourth successive year of growth at Ireland’s most iconic visitor attraction, the wonderful Cliffs of Moher. And with several weeks to go yet, the one million visitor mark has...|
|Irish Tourism Industry Awards launched|
|At a function in Dublin Castle this week, the Minister of State for Tourism and Sport, Michael Ring TD, officially launched the Irish Tourism Industry Awards 2015, the first ever national scheme to id...|
|36 Hours in Dublin|
|Have a look at this brilliant video from today’s New York Times (CLICK HERE). This is the great differentiator which Ireland has yet to fully exploit – the fantastic quality of our native ...|
To unsubscribe from the ITIC newsletter, please email email@example.com with "Unsubcribe From Ezine List" as the subject.