- ITIC has predicted that the lack of an adequate supply of cars on the rental fleet this year could lead to a serious loss of business, particularly in the peak season.
- It has called on the Government to address the issue in the Finance Act by introducing three remedial self-financing measures:
- Postponing the proposed elimination of the Vehicle Registration Tax (VRT) refund.
- Introduction of a stimulus package.
- Extension of the scrappage scheme to 2010 registered cars coming off this year's fleet.
- CLICK HERE to download a copy of the Press Release. Or for a detailed report, Car Rental Shortage & Tourism, CLICK HERE.
- If you would like to comment on anything you've heard here, VISIT OUR BLOG!
March 9th 2010
ITIC Blog - Have Your Say!
|Protecting the Irish Environment & Landscape|
|Research tells us that beautiful scenery is at the top of the list of motivations for overseas tourists when they are thinking of selecting Ireland as a holiday destination. Again, at the end of their...|
|Canada – land of opportunity|
|Canada comes 7th in the global ranking for international tourism expenditure, though of course most of its outbound visits are to its nearest neighbour, the USA. Still, about three quarters of a milli...|
|Behind the Headlines – H1 2014|
|Mining the data contained in the CSO release for the first half of the year throws up some very interesting insights and findings. CLICK HERE for our related Ezine. September 17th 2014...|
To unsubscribe from the ITIC newsletter, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with "Unsubcribe From Ezine List" as the subject.