- Mary Hanafin TD was appointed Minister for Tourism, Culture and Sport in March of this year, and her appointment was widely welcomed.
- She arrived at a time when the Industry had gone through one of its most difficult years ever, and just when it might have looked as if things were on the turn, along came the volcanic ash.
- But the Minister is noted for her resilience, enthusiasm and hard work, qualities which are shared with many in the Tourism Industry.
- Six months on, Minister Hanafin spoke with ITIC about her impressions of the Industry then and now.
Click below to hear what she had to say.
- If you would like to comment on anything you’ve heard here, VISIT OUR BLOG!