- ITIC has predicted that the lack of an adequate supply of cars on the rental fleet this year could lead to a serious loss of business, particularly in the peak season.
- It has called on the Government to address the issue in the Finance Act by introducing three remedial self-financing measures:
– Postponing the proposed elimination of the Vehicle Registration Tax (VRT) refund.
– Introduction of a stimulus package.
– Extension of the scrappage scheme to 2010 registered cars coming off this year’s fleet.
- CLICK HERE to download a copy of the Press Release. Or for a detailed report, Car Rental Shortage & Tourism, CLICK HERE.
- If you would like to comment on anything you’ve heard here, VISIT OUR BLOG!