- June marks the halfway stage, and a time when it should be possible to be fairly clear about the outcome for the whole year. But forecasting has become a hazardous business as potential visitors delay decisions on travel to nearer the time of departure.
- There are mixed signals from some key overseas markets, but given the nature of a particularly late booking pattern, there is still business out there to be won for this year.
- Ireland’s nearest and largest source market, Britain, is a case in point, where despite a horrible start to the year there is still much to fight for.
- ITIC spoke with Niall Gibbons, Chief Executive of Tourism Ireland, about this and other factors at play in the current year.
Click on the image below to hear what he had to say.
- If you would like to comment on anything you’ve heard here, VISIT OUR BLOG!